At Riskex, we are constantly focussed on keeping data safe, so cyber security is something about which we are really passionate.
James Sharp, Technical Operations Director at Riskex, has been involved with the development of our flagship brand, AssessNET, for over 17 years – from the very beginning, when our CEO, Mark Delo, thought of the idea as a Safety Consultant.
As pioneers of cloud-based risk management systems, Riskex has always had data security at its heart. The film link above is our interview with James, telling us about our data security procedures, and our recent Cyber Essentials Award.
The Basics of Cyber Essentials
Riskex already has certification for ISO 27001, the international standard for information security. The UK Government has been encouraging companies to also monitor their cyber security protocols using a new standard, called Cyber Essentials.
We are pleased to announce that we have just received our Cyber Essentials certification, offering even greater reassurance to our clients that we are doing everything in our power to protect our systems against cyber threats.
Within Cyber Essentials, there are five key controls, all of which have received approval for Riskex to gain the certificate. These cover areas such as:
- Having appropriately configured boundary firewalls and internet gateways
- Providing a secure configuration of systems
- Controlling access to only those that should have access, and at appropriate levels
- Maintaining malware and virus protection levels
- Having efficient patch management, incorporating the latest versions of applications and available patches.
If you’d like any more information, or have specific questions about our security management, then give us a call on
01525 290109, or send an email to email@example.com